Getting Around the Bay Area
If you're new to the area, here are resources to help you learn how to get around San Francisco and the Bay Area.
- BART is the San Francisco Bay Area's regional rail system. Something in between a train and subway, bart connects San Francisco with the East Bay and the South Bay.
- San Francisco Public Transit (aka MUNI) is the San Francisco bus and subway system. It connects all of the neighborhoods in San Francisco with trolleys, light-rail trains and electric buses.
- Cable Cars are San Francisco's most fun way travel.
- The Public Transit Route Planner can help you figure out the fastest way to get from door to door on bay area transit systems.
- The San Francisco Bike Coalition has put bike lanes throughout the city, making bicycling safer and more fun.
- Parking Cards make parking in San Francisco so much easier.
- Commuter Ferries service Marin, Alameda, and Solano Counties and arrive in downtown San Francisco frequently.